Sunday, February 21, 2010

Master & Captain

“I am the Master of my Fate .... I am the Captain of my Soul...”

-Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela in Invictus

These are very powerful words to live by and certainly, applicable in every aspect of one's life -- from our daily conflicts to make conscious choices between right and wrong or through the ebb and flow of the cycles of life. Those words and the powerful message they contain reflect the freedom of choice each of us has. More often than not, we have little control over the circumstances we face, but we certainly can control our reaction to those circumstances.

I understand this realization isn't novel or ground breaking. It's mean more as a simple reminder to ME that regardless of what I face, the response is within me. I can chose to show grace under fire, tranquility alongside adversity or absolute fury. I guess this quote was just one of those empowering a-ha! messages that struck a cord within me. A powerful string of words and important reminder to CHOOSE MY ATTITUDE!

No comments: