Sunday, August 2, 2009

Alive

Praise Jesus! I am on the road to wellness. After spending almost the last week in pain with a kidney infection and an uncontrollable fever of 103-105, I am excited to be alive.

Last Thursday, I went to the clinic because I felt so sick. I wasn't sure what was wrong since my *only* symptoms were extremely achy joints, a high fever of 103-105 with uncontrollable sweating or shivering, a headache and a pain in my left side near my ribs. The doctor looked at me, ordered a bunch of labs and then promptly said, "You have a fantastic kidney infection and are extremely dehydrated. I recommend you go to the emergency room at the hospital and get some IV fluids and possibly IV antibiotics."

So the journey began. I went to the hospital and spent the next several days in bed. I am typing this post from bed. Today is the first day that I have felt human in a bajillion days. Tonight is the first time I have been able to sit up straight and stay awake for more than one hour. I LOVE antibiotics.

No comments: