Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cuteness Expires Between the Hours of 10pm and 6am

I adore my children. I truly do. They are the light of my life. Each and every one in their own special way. So very beautiful and captivating and exceptional and treasured and priceless.

However, occasionally I forget how precious they are. For example, between the hours of 10pm and 6am... or this morning when D woke up around 5:00am and stared me down while throwing his head back screaming his darling head off as I squinted my eyes and pretended to still be asleep... or last night when G woke up around 2:19am shrieking that she wanted more water in her sippy -- when it was already full... or right now as I watch G dump a cupful of approximately 536 coins all over the kitchen floor and begin to giggle as D hangs precariously from the edge of the kitchen table, trying to defy gravity with his tiny hands clinging to the tabletop, his legs swing wildly with only his little belly pressed against the table in an effort to suction cup himself to the table (moments ago G pulled the chair out from under D's feet.)

Such is the life of an overly tired mom. Yet, I wouldn't change it for the world and I know these days will pass. All too soon their little pitter-pattering feet will turn into sulky, clod-hopping, teenage feet and I will long for the sleepless nights of now.

No comments: