Sunday, June 8, 2008

Diapers

A random thing I have learned from being a parent: You can wash a clean diaper (Luvs are my brand of choice) in the washing machine, and 50% of the time, it will not explode! It shows you just how truly absorbent a diaper can be! We should be leaving these things on much longer, ladies!

How do I know this? Well, I have now washed a clean diaper 2 times and only once did it explode -- leaving millions of tiny crystal particles all over EVERYTHING. (What the hell are in those things anyway? They look like that silica packet that comes with shoes that you are not supposed to eat.) I noticed the wash was a little noisy, but thought nothing of it until it was done and there sitting at the top of the load was a clean, full, 5 pound diaper. Now, now... stop laughing! No, I did not weigh it but it was AT LEAST 3 pounds!

How did a clean diaper end up in the wash you ask? I choose to blame my mischievous children. Our laundry baskets are all over the house. One basket in particular seems to be very tempting to the children... the basket that sits in front of the washing machine in the kitchen seems to call to the children in a language I do not understand. I often find mystery surprises in the basket -- sometimes before the wash, and other, not-so-fortunate times after the wash.

No comments: