Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grateful

As we celebrate Thanksgiving, it is good to remember how blessed we are.

It is easy to take for granted all of God's bountiful blessings. It is easy in today's selfish, consumer-driven culture to always want more and be discontent with what we have.

I often crab about the work that needs to be done on my house, or complain about how small our house is and wouldn't it be nice to have new clothes, or a sleek, flashy car, or perhaps the newest techno gadget.

What I want to do is remind myself (and my children!) of how awesome it is that Hubby and I actually own our own home. I want to remind us that we are very fortunate to still have good paying jobs that offer us health benefits in an awful economy. I want to remember how phenomenal it is that my family is healthy.

Each day I want to celebrate life and all of God's blessings

No comments: