Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lover of My Soul

I was struggling with what to write about on Easter, this most holy and humbling of all holidays. I was overwhelmed and couldn't decide how to proceed, when I read this below post from Miraculous Chaos / Every Day Miracles. She seemed to reach into my heart and pull my words out, so today I will borrow a fellow bloggers eloquent words.



19–21 So, friends, we can now—without hesitation—walk right up to God, into “the Holy Place.” Jesus has cleared the way by the blood of his sacrifice, acting as our priest before God. The “curtain” into God’s presence is his body.

22–25 So let’s do it—full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching.

Peterson, E. H. (2002). The Message : The Bible in contemporary language (Heb 10:19-25). Colorado Springs, Colo.: NavPress.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Trying to summarize what Easter means to me seems a bit like trying to harness the ocean. What we celebrate at Easter has every thing to do with who I am and the building blocks of the single most important event that my faith is based upon.

So, I will step away from the daunting intimidation that I first faced when I considered writing this.

I don't have to try to outline the Christian faith, or wax eloquent in the numerous reasons for Christ's selfless act of dying for our sins.

This is simply going to be my heart. Why do I feel deeply moved this time of year? What personalizes it for me, this one child of God?

This year it is because I am humbled and amazed that one such as I can enter into a personal relationship with God himself. I - the girl who struggles with so many things that grieve His heart - have been given a position of honor in His family.

I don't have to go through a high priest, or any body, to get to Him.

He who is sinless.

He who created every thing beautiful and good that we experience.

He who loves perfectly and with out condemnation.

He.

The lover of my soul.

The one I will some day see face to face.

And all I will be able to do is fall to my face and cry "holy, holy, holy!"

This is the one I have the privilege of approaching with no fear. Only great awe and reverence. He cares about every thing in my life. He loves it when I speak with Him. When I pour my heart out to Him, and leave my worries with him.

He made this possible through his terrible suffering, and death. An eternity together awaits us because of his resurrection.

This is why my heart rejoices, my eyes mist over, and my smile is brighter than usual this time of year. I am reflecting on something that is hard to believe, but I know with out a doubt to be true.

So with out hesitation I will approach him. I will talk to him. And I will thank him for making a way for this to happen.

No comments: