Thursday, April 15, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Babes Continued

Fantastic things children say!

Recently friends were exchanging stories on FB about the things their children had said. These wee ones are so very insightful and funny -- when they aren't your children...

When my Little Princess (now age 4, then age 2 1/2, I think) was in a public bathroom stall with me, she asked VERY LOUDLY, "Mommy, when I grow up I want to have a big butt, just like you. And those bumps too!!! COOL!" [Bumps translates to stretch marks incurred from three pregnancies...] The woman in the stall next to us actually CHORTLED! I, on the other hand, wanted to continue to hide in the stall for a while.

From Friend's with Wee Ones:
A couple of years ago while at the pumpkin patch, we were washing our hands and this older man was too. He was talking to my son who was probably 4 years at the time. With the older man standing there, my son says, "Mommy, how come that man has no teeth ... and looks like he hasn't taken a shower because he kind of smells." I was quite embarrassed, but I think the man was even more.

Then a couple of weeks ago, while at church during the Pastor's sermon, Second Son (who is also 4) was playing with this toy figurine. During a quiet silence he yelps, "Ow! He hurt his penis." Oh my goodness! I was so embarrassed because I am quite sure that everyone in the congregation heard.

In the public bathroom with someone in the stall next to us, Son asked me rather loudly, "Mommy, do you pee out of your penis or your butt?" LOL. I consider it part of the territory of parenthood, and kinda funny, though, yes, still embarrassing. But really, what mother hasn't had their kid say something like that?

My two year old son and I were in the grocery store. He looked at a larger woman and said, "Mommy, she has boobies!" Yes, everyone in the aisle, including the lady 'with boobies,' heard it.

From a Daddy:
Wait until your son comes out of a public bathroom and makes a comment about how big "certain" male body parts are when there are women waiting in a line out the door of their bathroom. It was great! I just smiled and waved.

No comments: