Saturday, May 31, 2008

Chapstick

Earlier this week, the precious children and I had to run to the store because we were out of everything. Everything meaning... Diet Pepsi and Peanut Butter Oreos. It’s a wonder we survived!

Anyway, while we were at the store I decided to run over to the pharmacy section and get some benadryl because the pollen has ganged up with the mold and they are trying to kill me.

We were standing in line at the pharmacy, waiting to check out, when I noticed an elderly couple sitting in the chairs to the right of me. They were either waiting for their prescriptions to be filled or for the shuttle to take them back to the Happy Ever After Assisted Living Community.

The elderly gentlemen kept looking at something just past me. Finally, with much effort, he got up and shuffled over to look more closely at the items on the aisle right behind me. I heard him give an outraged “HMMPH!” as he shuffled back over to his wife. He sat down next to her and loudly said, “They’re charging folks $2.85 for Chapstick! The whole world is goin’ to hell in a handbasket.”

God bless you, Sir. I completely agree! And may I suggest you stay away from the gas pumps.

No comments: