Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cover Girl

More lyrics...

Since last week I talked about some of my old school musical loves (dc Talk), I thought I would continue along this path of reminiscing and share who was my very first love.

Donnie Wahlberg, baby!

Yep, that's right. I was obsessed with NKOTB -- please tell me you know who I am talking about!

New Kids on the Block?!?!?!?

Oh yeah! They were my favorite when I was in elementary school. (I can't believe I am admitting this.) I went to several concerts (what was my mom thinking?!?!?) and I was allowed to stay up late to see them on either Leno or Letterman, as well as tape it with our nifty VCR so I could watch the three minute song clip over and over and over and over and over... and over ... up to five million times a day, just so I could re-scream and re-swoon every time I watched it.

Below are the lyrics of "Cover Girl" -- probably one of my all-time fave NKOTB songs. Mind you, this wasn't my favorite because of the deeply meaningful lyrics. It was simply my favorite because my heartthrob Donnie Wahlberg sang it directly to me!!! Or so my delusional self thought... Rock on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkXrAuR951c



Cover Girl

I get up in the morning and I see your face, girl
You're looking so good, every things in place
Don't you know I could never leave your side girl
Wont you stay here with me and be my bride?

Don't you know you're my kind, you're just what I like
Girl you're everything, don't you know you're alright
The only girl Ive always needed for so long

Chorus:
Oh, oh-oh, shes my cover girl
Oh, oh-oh, oh, oh-oh
Oh, oh-oh, shes my cover girl
Oh, oh-oh, oh, oh-oh

When I look through the pages of a magazine
Still, your pretty face is the prettiest Ive seen
Don't you know I only want to be with you
No other girl could make me feel the way you do
You're my everything

Chorus twice

Its alright
Oh, yeah, its out of sight
Let me say its alright
Ah, yeah!

Don't you know I only want to be with you
No other girl could make me feel the way you do
You're my everything

No comments: