Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Resolve...

As I  explore all of my favorite blogs -- there are over a HUNDRED -- I came across this fantabulous post.  It's totally up my alley.  Who in the hades wants to make New Years resolutions that are actually intended to improve your life?  I am a fan of the HONEST resolutions that include things from "Airing My Dirty Laundry, One Sock at a Time."  Enjoy her awesome and honest post.


I Resolve...
So New Year’s is approaching. I figured I ought to make some resolutions. Or try to, at least.  So here we go.

I resolve NOT to give up fast food. 

The people who can do that are heroes in my eyes. Who could go without delicious fries covered in salt? Or Big Macs? Or..or...the grilled stuffed burrito from Taco Bell?

I resolve to NOT give up cursing.

I can’t do it. I tend to have a potty mouth when I’m playing video games which is why I play them when the kids are in bed. Or try to, at least. I was playing Angry Birds the other day and dropped a few inappropriate words. It’s just, those green pigs were MOCKING me. 

I resolve to NOT give up my diet coke. (Diet Pepsi in my case!)

That’s how I get my caffeine. Without it, I’d be terribly cranky. And I’d probably curse a lot more.

I resolve to NOT stop buying ultra adorable clothes for my children. (This is an issue for my sisters, not me.)

I can’t help it. And I know that there will come a day when they won’t let me dress them anymore. Actually, Tommy is kind of like this now, but for the most part if I set something out he’ll put it on. 

I resolve to NOT stop laughing at farts. (But I'm 33, not 28.)

I know. I’m 28. Farts shouldn’t be funny anymore. But they are. 

I resolve to get an agent to believe in me and my book. 

After all, there has to be SOMEONE out there for me. I mean, if someone like Snooki and Paris Hilton can get a book published, by God I can. 

Happy New Year, everyone. See ya in 2011.


No comments: