Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pay It Forward


My very favoritest organization to volunteer with, Chemo Angels, is struggling to find enough "Angels" to meet the demand of their program. Chemo Angels is a fabulous, heart-felt program dedicated to supporting people with cancer. In addition to providing helpful information and cancer related resources to patients, Chemo Angels matches patients who are going through the difficult time of chemotherapy with "Angels". The function of these Angels is - through little notes, cards and occasional small gifts - to bring a bit of cheer and encouragement to their patient (who are called an Angels "buddy").

Over the past few years, I have volunteered with Chemo Angels on and off and been assigned to a few buddies (patients). Sending notes to my buddy has been an extremely gratifying, inspiring, encouraging, rewarding and humbling experience. I cannot express how deeply the involvement with such a worthy organization has affected me in a positive way.

I strongly encourage you to learn more about Chemo Angels and see if it would be a good volunteering match for you. It truly takes very little bit of your time and money, but it has a MASSIVE impact on the life some important, deserving people. I would love to answer any questions you may have about my experiences as an Angel.

To learn more about how you can help Chemo Angels, or if you are able to make any type of financial donation, please visit their website at http://www.chemoangels.net/.


No comments: