Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trivial Thursdays

Trivial Thursdays!  The fabulous-ness of answering a few (usually five) random questions each week is making a come-back.  Feel free to grab the 5 questions and link back to me.






What is your guilty pleasure?
Hmmmm... do I have any guilty pleasures?  Since being overwhelmed with four children, I often feel like I'm stuck in the back of the bus and don't save any guilty pleasures for just me.  Perhaps my guilty pleasure is my yearly trip "Up North" in May with my scrapping friends.


What magazines do you subscribe to?
Only two... Taste of Home and Creating Keepsakes (scrapbooking mag). Now that I think about it, my two magazine subscriptions also feel like a guilty pleasure, because we certainly can't afford them, but I always look forward to them!


What is one thing you miss about your childhood?
This question could be answered in so many ways.  What strikes my fancy right now... I miss just being a carefree, self-centered (in a normal, healthy way) child, who was not responsible for bills and laundry and taking care of so many other people.


Are you still friends with your friends from high school?

I am still friends with a couple people from high school.  Actually, my brother in law married my best friend from high school and so, although, I am no longer close friends with said HS BFF, we are family now...  I am actually still in touch with and kind of close friends with a few elementary school and junior high friends.  There is this myth that folks in the Midwest stay put after high school and keep their friends for eternity.  I wonder how true this is...


Are you a neat sleeper or a messy sleeper?
Messy sleeper.  I do not like to be mummified by blankets or small children who creep into my bed in the middle of the night, or any other innocent victim who slither into my flip-flopping sleep area.


P.S. I wish I could tell you that I make my bed every day, but I don't.  I refuse to make it, just to mess it up again each night.  However, I will agree that it feels better to slip into a nicely made bed each night... but oh well!  We all have our limitations and short-comings.