Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Time Travel Tuesdays - A Day By The Numbers

Nicole at By Word of Mouth Musings has created a great link-up/blog hop called Time Travel Tuesdays. Each week she asks you to pull out an old post and link up. It's so much fun to read recycled posts of fellow bloggers.




Monday, July 5, 2010


A Day By The Numbers

10: Number of dollars spent to gain entrance at the "cheap" movie theater for a family of five to watch "How To Train Your Dragon".

25: Number of minutes it takes to drive through town to get to the cheap theater.

4 million: Number of hours the same 25-minute drive FELT like while listening to three kids argue about who's turn it was to lead a rousing game of "I Spy With My Little Eye."

13: Number of toys that fell into a gigantic mud puddle when I opened my car door in the theater parking lot.

15: Number of people who were excited to learn that my family was sitting in their row at the theater.

3,491,876: Number of calories consumed within a two-hour period by my three children in the form of salt-soaked popcorn, Junior Mints, M&Ms, Twizzlers, nachos and soda.

4: Number of times Little Man went to the bathroom during the first half of the movie.

187: Number of people seated around us who think we handle the children well during a supposedly amusing, quiet, family-friendly movie.

523: Number of times Little Man "accidentally" kicked the back of the man's chair in front of us.

523: Number of times I apologized to the man in front of Little Man.

527: Number of times I asked the man in front of Little Man if I could buy him a soda, soft pretzel, nachos, or illegal narcotic.

3: Number of children who asked me, with a straight face, if they could have ice cream when we got home.

Infinite (PRICELESS): Number of times we'll do this again when we get the chance. It was worth every penny, tear, apology, and minute of temporary insanity.



3 comments:

Diplo_Daddy said...

Beautiful!

Annie said...

It's good to remember those hair-raising and ordinary moments. It's what makes each day special and it's own blessings!

Kiddothings said...

I love this list! Now, I might borrow your idea!! I enjoyed reading it and it was very creatively done.