Friday, July 1, 2011

Photo Friday: Week 26 - Lighting Experiment

It's Photo Friday!  Week 26's theme is "lighting experiment" and I have been experiencing an awful mind block about what to do.   Unfortunately, I'm not so great with the different features of my camera (Nikon D40).  I have no excuses other than I just haven't taken the time to learn and experiment.

The first photo was fun because of the way my sister's make-up sparkled in the sunlight filtering in through a stain glass window.


The second photo was taken at a friend's outdoor wedding. I love the sun highlighting one of the young, beautiful bridesmaids.


The third photo is a quick, relaxed snapshot of the unsuspecting bride as she ironed out some last minute details between the ceremony and reception. She was so ecstatic that she seemed to glow from the inside out.


The fourth photo has nothing to do with this week's assignment and is being shared simply because I absolutely adore the look on the bride's and groom's face.



Please hop on over to Trina's blog (click her button below) to see the other Photo Friday submissions.  It's so fun to see everyone's ideas of each weeks theme.





8 comments:

Trina said...

Your sis is so pretty! I love sparkly makeup :)

I love how the light is shining on the bridesmaid highlighting the soft baby hair on her skin.

Great shots!

The Sisters' Hood said...

These are just lovely - you have a gift!

Annie said...

Thank you! I appreciate the kind comments. I just feel like there is so much to learn and try to accomplish with photography and who has the time to make it a priority?! You gals rock!

kisatrtle said...

These pics r beatiful

Unknown said...

What wonderful pictures! I lived all of them. Her gown was amazing.

Annie said...

And I am so very excited because I just found out the bride and groom in the pics are now expecting their first baby! Can't wait to hold the precious little bean when they arrive.

Anonymous said...

Good lord! This is my first time to your blog and those pictures are absolutely breathtaking!

I think the best moments are captured when the subject has no idea they're being shot, and these just exemplified that theory. Very impressive!

Annie said...

Thanks, Abby! You're too kind.