Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Too Sick


Apparently, while I have been sicker than a dog for the last SIX WEEKS...

Yes, you heard me correctly.

SIX WEEKS!!!

The doctors have been wrong.  I had strep throat, but not bronchitis or pneumonia. I did have laryngitis and a sinus infection, but still not bronchitis or pneumonia -- which was treated with THREE different antibiotics and TWO series of steroids (to no avail or relief of symptoms.)

So, I have been blessed to have WHOOPING COUGH!

Seriously?!?!?!?!!?


Who gets Whooping Cough now days? As an adult?!

SIGH.

The really great news is that it can take up to 3 months to clear up and with all of the coughing, I have managed to pull several rib muscles and even crack a rib!  Go me!  I love being an over-achiever!

As I recover, I will be taking a minor break from blogging as I attempt to heal.  Any prayers would be greatly appreciated.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whooping cough is supposed to be just awful when you are an adult. Get better soon XXX

Marie Young (Marie Young Creative) said...

You have my prayers. Hope you feel better soon. Apparently we had an outbreak where I live. My doctor was vaccinating her patients because she had so many new outbreaks.