Monday, October 11, 2010

Beautiful Crying? Not On My Watch

The past few months, perhaps, I've mentioned my emotional challenges and slight (aka major breakdowns).  A few weekends ago, I had quite a meltdown.  Let's just call it an "Ugly Cry".  I'm happy to report that I'm getting better every day.  Your support and sympathy was not only greatly appreciated, it lifted my spirits to heights usually only experienced after consumption of several consecutive chocolate bars.

Surprisingly, Husband was scared shitless very concerned about me during the Ugly Cry.  I've been known to cry, but I do my best to NEVER cry around him -- or the children.

So even though he was hoping to avoid my crying jag by staying clear of our bedroom where I was holed-up in the afternoon, he was unsuccessful.  The only bathroom in our home is on our second level, right outside our bedroom.  Apparently Husband tried to tiptoe up the stairs and into the bathroom, but he made a mistake when he flushed the toilet.  I heard the toilet flush and called out, "Who's there?!" and he was stuck popping his head through the bedroom door.  He took one glance at my puffy eyes, red nose, and lack of motivation to get out of bed to make a family supper (because in my world, Ugly Cry automatically exempts you from cooking) and said ever so carefully (lest my temper flare at a random inflection in his tone of voice were to set me off again...) "You okay?"

At that point, I was F.I.N.E. (F**ked-up, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional) and simply nodded.

But boy, oh boy!  What an awful Ugly Cry will get you.


Ugly Cry got me:
* Take-out supper for the family.
* I didn't have to fold one piece of laundry all weekend.
* Children were kept occupied so I could lay in bed all afternoon, reading to my hearts content. 
* No smart-ass comments from Husband for an entire weekend!
* AND, biggest bonus, he cleaned the toilet for the first time EVER in our decade of time together.

SIGH!  

Let me reiterate: I'm happy to report that I'm getting better every day.

1 comment:

tawna6988 said...

I am your newest follow from blog frog.
Please stop by one or all of mine.
http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com
http://tawnassecret.blogspot.com
http://btrbb.blogspot.com