Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lost & Found


Anyone who knows me will acknowledge that I am prone to frequent bouts of forgetfulness and I will graciously admit that they are correct.  I wish I wasn’t so forgetful, but alas I am.  What is that famous prayer, “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.”  Well, trying to remember all of life’s chaotic details is a hopeless, lost cause with me so I will not fret about them.  However, in my defense -- it appears I have help being forgetful when it comes to misplacing items around my house.

I can often be heard exclaiming in awestruck wonderment (or absolute frustration), “Aha! So that’s where that went…”  My journey through parenthood has been filled with enumerable “Aha! Lost & Found” moments.  Now, I can’t blame all of my “Aha! Lost and Found” experiences on my wee ones, but I usually try to.  To prove to you, my dear blogosphere friends, how much “help” I have misplacing items, here is a sampler of the items that have been found after being MIA.  The Lost and Found List is extensive, and includes (but is not limited to):

* eye glasses - found on my face – yes, I was actually looking for my glasses while wearing them;
* cell phone - found in the vegetable crisper inside the refrigerator;
* chapstick – found in my then 18-month old daughters diaper (Eewww! She used to hide tons of stuff in her diaper. Don’t ask…);
* funky, gooey cat hairball – found in my sneaker, all warm & fresh, after I put it on;
* car keys – found in the ignition of my still running, yet very much locked, vehicle on Christmas Eve outside Walgreens with 3 small children in tow;
* static clung nylon on the back of my sweater – found hanging out on my back by an out-of-control, giggling co-worker;
* dead mouse dangling an inch above my nose – found as I woke up to my then 5-year old daughters excited squeals about her surprise for me… More about that story coming in a future post.

Good times! 

Please share with me some of your Lost and Found moments, so I don’t feel like the only scatter-brained ninny out there…






No comments: