Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Can YOU Do This?!

Yesterday, my four-year old daughter is standing next to me in the living room, happily playing with her toy food stuff. Suddenly she giggles and says, "Mommy! I just did a "Bless Me" and a "S'cuse Me" all at the same time!" She was beaming from ear to ear -- so very proud of herself.

For those of you non-parental units who need translation of kid-speak. My proud little princess had just announced to the world that she had tooted and sneezed at the same time. And as I stated before, she was beaming from ear to ear.

I, too, was grinning with pride. Ahhh! The pride I felt made my chest swell. My little girl referred to a toot as a "S'cuse Me" and a sneeze as a "Bless Me"... can I take credit for trying to teach her manners?

Hey! You have to take your parenting "victories" when you can get them. Come on, people! Give me a little bit of credit.

No comments: