Monday, June 22, 2009

Note to Self

So, if you know me in real life, I’m kind of a people pleaser.

No, seriously, I am.

You can stop laughing now. Seriously.

It is my goal in life to make people happy. Content. Thrilled with everything.

I will bend over backwards, I will borderline (or just outright) annoy you making sure you are happy. I will drive you nuts.

It’s a gift, people. One I’d love to return to the store for a full refund. But I’ve been told there was a 30-Day return policy, and we’re 30+ years past that point.

Or it’s a side effect of the guilt indoctrination from being raised by Lutheran (watered-down Catholic) parents.

Anyway.

If I have learned anything in the past few days, no matter how hard I try, no matter how personal I take things, no matter how much I listen, and try to accommodate…

I SIMPLY CAN NOT PLEASE ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE.

Even if I want to. Badly. Desperately.

You’re welcome. (You WILL thank me for this advice someday.)

No comments: