Monday, June 14, 2010

Discover

Are you ever surprised by the person you have become? Do you find yourself looking in the mirror and wondering who you are? Have you reached a point in your life where you do not recognize who you are? Maybe your balance has been lost?

Who are you?

If you are like me and can’t answer that question, you may not have a clear idea of your own identity. I have been told that having a clear picture of who you are is essential to maintaining healthy relationships, healthy self-confidence and continued individual growth. Knowing yourself inside and out, AND LOVING YOURSELF, brings about an amazing feeling of self-satisfaction -- or so I am told!

If you have ideas about how to discover who you are, I would greatly appreciate your input. I know there are a million self-help books out there and I have borrowed several from the library but I am interested in your personal experiences and feedback.

1 comment:

Cory Thians said...

Who are you? Why are you here?
You have said before that you love Jesus. This book has helped me focus... http://www.purposedrivenlife.com/en-US/Home/home.htm

You may be able yo borrow it from someone or from your church library.

The ability to love in the first place comes from God.

But love all started with God. He loved us first and that gives us the ability to love others (1 John 4:19).

We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19 (NIV)

Be careful about the counselors guiding you. Like you and I, they don't have all the answers either.

Looking within, apart from God, will be an empty journey. The peace you get apart from God will be an illusion.

I'm happy that you are here and are searching. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7 (NIV)