Thursday, December 10, 2009

Not Oprah's List

There are some things that can ruin a day. My children arguing constantly, family guilt trips, and plucking hairs out of my chin! Just to name a few...

And there are also some things make me smile. With the holidays approaching, I thought I would share some of my favorite things. It's kind of like what Oprah does each year -- only I'm white and poor. Male readers: Be forewarned either stop here or continue reading for gift ideas, but don't say I didn't warn you.

1. Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm. I positively love the peppermint-y feeling of Burt's lip balm gliding over my lips. It moisturizes and doesn't taste icky.


2. Aveda Hand Relief. My skin is always dry and hyper sensitive to everything, so I am happy to report, Aveda Hand Relief is fabulous! I recommend putting on before you go to bed and by morning your hands will be baby-butt soft!
3. Givenchy Amarige Fragrance. As I mentioned before, I am poor. Quite unfortunately and permanently destitute. With 4 children under the age of 10, I don't imagine that will remedy itself anytime soon. However, if you can afford decent perfume, you need to try Amarige. I adore it!!! I haven't owned any in a few years, but I may just splurge this holiday season. I'm worth it... right?

4. OPI Nail Polish. I rarely have the time or money for manicures or pedicures, but when I do, I always go for OPI nail polish. It's my favorite! I am always amused by the polish color names. Some of my favorites include: "I'm Not Really A Waitress", "Vodka & Caviar", "Nice Color, eh?", and "20 Candles on my Cake".
5. Benihana's Japanese Dinnerhouse. From their website: "At the heart of the Benihana experience is the teppanyaki table, around which guests gather and enjoy a meal expertly prepared and cooked to perfection on a steel grill, right before their eyes. The meal begins with a delicate Japanese onion soup, followed by a salad with ginger dressing. The chef will prepare your chicken, beef or seafood, along with vegetables, hibachi-style on the sizzling grill surface. Your entrée will be served with homemade dipping sauces and Benihana's mouthwatering Hibachi chicken rice." One word sums it all up -- DELISH!!!
6. Jonny Lang. I am smitten for anything having to do with Jonny Lang! I don't make it to many concerts, but I would positively go bonkers if I was able to attend a Jonny Lang concert. He is coming to Minnesota in March and tickets just went on sale. However, with tickets at $75 a pop -- NOT including the $15-20 in fees, taxes, etc... A gal can dream.


7. Bissinger's Peanut Butter Truffles. Sigh! These yummy treats just melt in your mouth and slowly coat your tongue with their peanut buttery goodness. Double sigh!
8. Netbook. Although my techno-genius husband who works in IT does not think Netbooks are "worth it", I disagree. I don't need the most powerful laptop in the world, nor do I always need a huge display/screen or the most fantastic graphics. I prefer something that is light, small, and extremely portable. Generally I don't want to sacrifice speed, but since I don't do crazy awesome stuff on the computer, I still think my hubby should get me a netbook...

9. Victoria's Secret Pajamas. I love their pajamas. Mind you, it's not that I can pull off any of the awesome, little sexy numbers, but I can manage this... I think.

No comments: