Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Questions

This blog... where is my blog going? Where am I going with this ranting and raving? Does it have a purpose? Is it part of a "calling"? Truly, what is up with all of the questions and pressure, people?

I am an almost-middle-aged (only 32 -- that's still young, right?!), slightly overweight, mostly-happily-married, part-time government employee residing in a cube farm, part-time stay-at-home mother of four children. In my lifetime, I am probably NOT going to discover the cure for any disease, write a bestseller, earn (or even win) a bazillion dollars, or save the rain forest. All is not lost, however .... as long as there is peanut butter in one hand, and a Diet Pepsi (preferably with rum) in the other hand, then all is well in my world.

This blog started as my virtual therapy during my struggles with raising four, very young children -- the three youngest were born within just over two years. Then the blog kind of morphed into a site about my occasional political rantings, as well as my children, our life, and my hatred of all things ketchup. Now I guess I just babble about whatever comes to mind, or whatever my family is currently doing.

Most likely no one cares besides me or my dad, but if you're here, then you are welcome to follow along and laugh at our inevitable mishaps.

And that is as close as I am going to come to answering all of those in-depth, overly thoughtful questions. But thank you for asking.

No comments: