Friday, December 18, 2009

Traditions

I got this fun Christmas meme from a fellow blogger and thought it was fun to share these things with friends, family, bloggers alike.

1. Best childhood gift from Santa: Santa pretty much brought the same things every year: socks, oranges, apples, candy canes, and some other trinkets.

2. Best childhood memories: Standing on the front porch of my childhood home when I was perhaps in first grade and being absolutely positive that Santa Claus had just stomped on top of my roof while dropping off presents for me. It was so very exciting!

3. Favorite Christmas cookies: Tough one! My mom made tons of different kinds of cookies when I was growing up. As a child, I think my favorite was always Peanut Blossoms with the Hersey Kiss on top. As an adult, I think my very favorite are Melting Moments. They rock!!!

4. Icky Christmas memory: The year I found out that Santa Claus wasn't quite what I expected. We'll leave it at that. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

5. It’s not Christmas without: Jesus. He’s the reason for the season, after all!

6. Our Church Service: Since we only get H on Christmas Eve and hubby is excessively un-religious, we don't usually attend a Christmas Service -- much to my dismay.

7. Christmas Pet Peeve: Feeling stressed when it’s supposed to be a time of tidings of comfort and joy. I’ve been better with my expectations this year and made specific plans to NOT stress out but sometimes I forget and begin to digress into Stressed Holiday Mode…

8. Favorite Christmas CD: The only Christmas CD I own is Mariah Carey's "Merry Christmas", so I guess I have to say that is my favorite.

9. Real or Fake: Definitely FAKE. Unfortunately, I am allergic to real pine trees (as well as Oak and Birch trees), so I just can't handle having one in the middle of my living room for an entire month. Also, as much as I am not a friend to the environment, I truly can't stomach the thought of cutting down a tree that takes a bazillion years to grow just so I can have it in my home for a month. It seems so irresponsible to me...

10. I spend Christmas Eve: always with my mom, sisters, husband, and children. We only get H on Christmas Eve, so it's very important to me, and all extended family, to cram as many celebrations into Christmas Eve as possible. We always do our major celebrations on Eve.

If you play along, leave a link in the comments section—I’d love to read!

No comments: