Wednesday, March 4, 2009

All About My Husband

This is the "Spouse Meme" - I tag anyone who wants to play. :-)

1) Husband's Name: never before revealed on my blog, but Hubby's REAL name is.... (drum roll please) Christopher

2) How long have you been married? Since November 5, 2005

3) How long did you date? We had our first date in May 1998. I was 20 and he was 23. We were, but, little children...

4) How old is he? He is 34; I am 31.

5) Who eats more sweets? Used to be me... and, yeah -- it's still me. Unfortunately, he isn't a fan of sweet treats.

6) Who is the better singer? (snorting chuckle) Neither of us! But he thinks he can sing. I mean that with the utmost respect and kindness. We truly cannot sing any better than a drowning cat.

7) Who is smarter? Hubby is DEFINITELY smarter. He remembers stuff from school that I am STUNNED he can recall. He also remembers stuff that happened to us when we were dating a million years ago.

8) Who does the laundry? We both do.

9) Who pays the bills? He does but I wish I did... I am out of the loop and finances tend to massively stress me out, so I close my eyes, take a deep breath and let him handle ALL of it.

10) Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you look at the head of the bed from the foot of the bed, I do. The right side is closest to the bedroom door so the kids can wake me up first. (Honestly, I hear them walk in the room anyway...)

11) Who mows the lawn? He does... and let me tell you, he is often complaining about it. I am allergic to fresh cut grass. Seriously! I end up laid up in bed for the rest of the day if I cut the grass. No joke. I don't even play outside in the yard with the kids on days that the grass is cut. Tragic, isn't it?

12) Who cooks dinner? Me. Always me. He rarely cooks -- even on weekends. Claims he doesn't know how, but I know he is intelligent and knows how to read (!), so I am not buying it! i.e. Try reading a recipe, Honey.

13) Who drives? He always drives if we're together.... always. Unless excessive amounts of alcohol are digested.

14) Who is the first to say they are wrong? I think it may be a draw. We are both VERY stubborn.

15) Who kissed who first? He kissed me. I am old fashioned and don't think I have EVER kissed someone else first. Plus I am a huge chicken s**t.

16) Who asked who out first? I am old fashioned about the kissing thing, but not about asking for dates. I am fairly sure I asked him out first, but I have a terrible memory, so I may need to edit this in the fiuture.

17) Who wears the pants? We make big decisions together. We co-parent our children. (My husband is very patient and loving... GREAT dad!) We truly are partners in every sense of the word. So, I guess you could say we both "wear the pants". Like all couples, we have disagreements, but we resolve them.

We're in this for the long haul. Huh, Honey!!!

No comments: