Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fun Girl To Be Around

A real conversation with Husband:

Me: I wish I had more friends.
Husband: You just need to find a group of people who have the same interests as you.
Me: . . . I wish I had more interests.

Poor Husband.

Whenever I'm feeling lonely he has to try and do his best to prop me up and make me feel better. It's not that I want to be a big sad, pathetic drip; it's that I don't know what else to do.

How do you make friends when you're an adult? I know it's pathetic that I'm even asking but I'm serious. I only work three days a week in a teensy office with 15 (mostly middle aged) women. I'm not very fond of doing new things unless I'm with someone I already know and that kind of works against the purpose of meeting new people. My previous attempts at meeting people with similar interests and similar lives have been less than successful.

It's not like I have no friends at all. I have a few and I value them very much. I guess I just wish I had more. I wish my evenings had more "I think I'll call up so-and-so and see if they want to blah blah blah whatever it is people do together" and less "I think I'll see if my sister is on Facebook tonight."

So come on internet people, sitting in your bathrobe with the Cheetos stain on it, tell me how I make friends! Or else I will be forced to ask Husband to spend yet another evening telling me how awesome I am.

No comments: