Monday, March 16, 2009

Judgemental

I think I know what hades may be like... It's like having insomnia and only being able to watch reality TV.

Okay - I'm sure hades will be much worse than that.

A few weeks ago my insomnia was acting up so I started channel surfing. Not a good plan, (sigh) but that's what I did and I ended up watching The Real Housewives of Orange County. It was hellish ... if not hell itself.

Anyone ever see this?

Who the halibut are these people and why on God’s green earth would they put their lives on a TV show? Especially their children's lives?! It was an absolutely horrid show. I decided right then and there that this is what happens to people with insomnia -- they end up watching garbage in the middle of the night. That's when I decided no more insomnia for me.

Err .... Ummm. Yeah.

So my insomnia returned again this week and I found myself channel surfing ... and I watched it again! Damn it! I'm sure my subconscious is either playing tricks with me or is a closet voyeur. Yes - I get the psychology behind that statement. Shut up.

I'm an idiot, I know.

But these women on the show are awful! Just awful!

I judge, I know.

All the women are pretty much the same. It's all about their looks, long legs, big boobs, using men for their money. Awful stuff! I'm so far from that type of woman I don't even recognize them as the same species.

It's surprising to me that these women then watch the show and don't see anything wrong with themselves or their lives. It's shocking! And no! I'm not jealous of these women - I suppose if I wanted to be like that I could (all short legged, five foot nothing, red haired, lumpy body me) but why would I want to be like that? Their behavior and attitudes are hideous! So shallow. And seriously, what will become of their offspring?!

Anyway, that's it. I'm not watching again. I hope. No really, I'm not. Well, I probably won't. I mean if I wake up and can't get back to sleep or something maybe I'll turn the TV on. But no! That's it. No more. I'm serious!

No comments: