Monday, March 2, 2009

Twilight Continues

Husband loves to joke that I am "perpetually 16". Maybe it's my deep seated love of all things "Teeny-bopper-ish". Maybe it's the fact that I secretly long to wear body glitter. Or maybe it is because I am completely and hopelessly addicted to the Twilight books.

I had barely heard of the series before the hype of the movie began. My co-worker turned me on to them and I reluctantly agreed to begin. It wasn't long before I was completely engrossed and ALL life as I knew it came to an abrupt halt. It's a special kind of mom that agrees to sacrifice most of the quality time with her children (and sleep) for the love of a fictional vampire.

But . . . seriously . . . Edward (OR JACOB!) Are you kidding me? I LOVE them!

Now that I am have finished the entire series for the SECOND time... I have to ask myself -- What now?

Do I return to my normal, pre-Twilight life? Do I go through my days working, taking care of my kids, and staring into the not so amber eyes of my husband? (Actually, his eyes are kind of amber, in a weird, little brown way and quite lovely... BUT STILL!!!)

Do they have a rehab program for Twilight addicts?

MMM . . . Jacob! I might consider becoming a "dog" lover for him.

No comments: