Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009 Project

I have decided it would be a fabulous, phenom idea for me and the family to keep a "weekly blessing / gratitude journal" in 2009. It has been a looooong time since I have maintained a commitment o a journal. I don't really count my blog and I am not sure why. I guess, to me, it isn't so much a journal, but a peek into my world for others.

I always kept a journal as a young adult. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved writing and did it often. Writing of any kind -- lists, stories, plans, etc… just the act of putting the pen to the paper and producing words was (and continues to be) very cathartic to me. It feeds my soul.

As a matter of fact, writing and publishing a novel is on my dream bucket list -- which reminds me, that is actually something I still need to write out.

I am getting off track. So I love to write, including writing in a journal. I probably have 10 journals that are not quite filled, but almost are.

Does anyone keep a Blessings journal?

We will see how I do with it. I should do fairly well. I only have to write in it once a week and after a few weeks I should be in the habit, right? Maybe I should write it on my calendar for the same day each week, so I don't forget, because that will be the reason why it doesn't get finished is that I forget about it.

But I hope that doesn't happen, because I would really like to take all of the entries and make a beautiful mini book out of them. This seems like a good idea to me! I have a lot of blessings in my life.

No comments: