Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Enough for Now

A little too fuzzy, wuzzy, I know. But my very dear friend lost her mother unexpectedly recently and every day since then I've over-hugged my children. I know that all of my attention is considered over-hugging because the wee ones keep trying to squirm away.


I know that life is precious and I recognize that it can change in an instant. Yet, I often forget to look at the big picture and so I get caught up in the minutiae of my life.  I forget the big things. I get weighed down with questions about my purpose and my usefulness. I feel pointless and like I'm not really doing anything particularly interesting with my life. I wonder what I could be doing to live bigger, but I don't have any good ideas and that is somehow even more depressing.  SIGH!

When I hug my children all of these doubts go away. My wee ones snuggle their sweet, little freckled faces into my neck and I feel like the most important person in the world. I am not sure what I should be or will do with my life. Until the lightening bolt of inspiration strikes, my children's hugs tell me that I am where I need to be.

And that is enough for now!


No comments: