Saturday, August 21, 2010

Light the World



As I've mentioned before, I've suffered from and dealt with severe depression for most of my adult life. It was particularly challenging dealing with my depression after the birth of my children. I definitely had a bad bout of postpartum depression after my youngest child, Little Man, was born in November 2006. Fortunately, I was able to get the help I needed but it took a lot of advocating on my own behalf -- at a time when I felt least able to advocate for myself. The horrifically sad news is -- many women are unable to advocate for themselves and do not receive the help they desperately need.Please check out some of the below resources if you or someone you know is dealing with depression -- postpartum or otherwise.

There is help out there!



No comments: