Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trivial Thursday

1. Are you afraid of heights?
Yep. I am okay riding in elevators or looking out the windows of sky scrappers or even riding ferris wheels, but I am not such a fan of climbing ladders and the thought of jumping out of plane to skydive gives me the wee-bee-jee-bees!

2. Have you ever taken dance lessons?
Oh yes. I took dance lessons for over ten years as a child. I participated in ballet, tap, jazz, chorus line and toe (or sometimes known as pointe). I even had a brief stint on the high school dance line. Although I no longer dance, I am a HUMONGOUS fan of all types of dance. My favorite movies always include dance: Flashdance, Footloose, Dirty Dancing, Honey, Save the Last Dance, Coyote Ugly, White Knights (remember that one?!?!?), Take the Lead, Swing Kids...

3. What's your favorite newspaper?
I enjoy City Pages.

4. What's your favorite Broadway musical?
I don't think I can pick only one... If we are talking about ONLY musicals, then my fave may be Cats or Chicago or A Chorus Line. There is always Grease, Hairspray and West Side Story too. I've never seen Wicked or Jesus Christ Superstar, but I really want to. If we are talking about Broadway shows that include dancing, but no singing freaks, my favorites would change to Tap Dogs or Stomp!

5. What's the most memorable class you've ever taken?
In high school, I participated in a multi-disciplinary course called P.A.S.S. (Partners: Arts and Schools for Students). Fourteen arts organizations, including the Walker Art Center, CreArte, 10,000 Dances, FORECAST, Minneapolis Institute of the Arts, Guthrie Theatre, Heart of the Beast Theater, Minnesota State Arts Board, Illusion Theatre, Intermedia Arts MN, James Sewell Dance, MacPhail Center for the Arts, SteppingStone Theatre, and The Loft, worked with students to create many types of art installations while integrating art (drama, visual art, film, photography, painting, dance, pottery, creative movement, singing, orchestra, etc) into all parts of our curriculum. Our art installations including a couple of permanent exhibits at our high school.

No comments: