Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wedding Tagging



I saw this tag going around quite a while ago, but have just now decided to play along.


1. Where did you and your husband meet? One of my best friends from high school begged me to join her as she went boating/waterskiing with a new boyfriend. Husband is her boyfriend’s brother. And as a side note, that friend also married her beau, so one of my best friends in high school is now my sister in law. Qwinky-dink, eh?

2. How long before you kissed? First date. Never happened before I met him. Shhhh! I know…

3. Who kissed who first? He moved in and I may have met him half way. Seriously, who can remember these things?

4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged? Only about 7 YEARS. Ours is a long and convoluted relationship story. We met in 1998. We were engaged in September 2005 and married in November 2005.

5. How did he propose? It was my birthday. I was sitting on our living room couch, having just finished nursing our Little Princess, who was only ten DAYS olds. Out of the blue, he came over to the couch, kneeled down in front of me, said a bunch of sweet stuff while whipping out the ring.

6. Did he pick out the ring or did you? He picked out the ring but we had had conversations before, so he knew I wanted it simple and small.

7. Do you still like the ring? Love it!



8. Where was your wedding and reception? We were married in a tiny ceremony with only about 30 family members in Apple Valley, MN. Seven months later in June 2006, we had a traditional reception with 150 (?) people at the VFW in Cottage Grove, MN with dinner, dancing, DJ and way too much spirits and libations. (When I was younger and still lived in a idealist euphoric world, I was NEVER going to have a reception at a VFW, but when you add a few children and a large mortgage payment to the mix, the VFW price was right.)

9. How many bridesmaids did you have and who was your maid of honor? I had two maids of honor / bridesmaids – my sisters. Big E (then age 5) and Little Princess (then 2 months old) were our flower girls.


10. What color were your bridesmaid dresses? Mocha color that I still love, even if they didn’t and don’t.

11. What was your bouquet made of? Autumn colored flowers – mums, daisies, sleeping susans, roses.
12. Who gave you away? My dearest Mom. I LOVE THAT WOMAN!

13. Did you cry during your wedding? I don’t think so; I was just so nervous that I don’t remember.

14. What style was your dress? I wanted simple and classic. I had a strapless, champagne colored dress with a fitted waist and full bottom. No glitter, sequins, lace or other frou-frou stuff.

15. Was your wedding kiss sweet or sexy? Super short. Neither of us is into PDA.



16. Who caught your bouquet? I didn’t throw it at my wedding and honestly, I can’t remember if we re-enacted the bouquet or garter throw at our reception several months later.

17. What flavor was your cake? Almond cake with an amaretto filling and a white chocolate fondant frosting. It was our huge spurge for the ceremony (thank you, Mom!) since it was from Wuollet's Bakery. YUM!


18. Did you smash the cake onto each other's faces or feed it to each other nicely? Feed it nicely. I threatened Husband within an inch of his life that if there was ANY cake smashing, there would be immediate ball smashing.

19. What was "your song" that you danced to at your wedding? “I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing” by Aerosmith – of all the crazy songs…

20. What did you serve your guests to eat? After the tiny ceremony, everyone had Olive Garden catered into the wedding location. After the big reception several months later, we had traditional wedding buffet food – chicken breast, carved ham, mashed potatoes, steamed veggie medley, garden salad, bread rolls, etc.

21. What did your friends do to decorate your car? I don’t think they did anything, but I guess I can’t honestly remember.

22. What was your favorite wedding gift? Because of the time-disconnect between the tiny, family ceremony and the reception, we received almost no wedding gifts.

23. What was the worst wedding gift you got? Same answer as #22.

24. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Las Vegas, NV – four months after the ceremony.

25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding? I would have remembered the wedding music! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT I FORGOT THE MUSIC CD!!! Our ceremony was music-less -- highly disappointing.

I tag anyone that wants to play along and relive their wedding day!


No comments: